Molecular Cloning Designer Simulator (MCDS)
- All-in-one Molecular Cloning and Genetic Engineering Design, Simulation & Management Software for Complex Synthetic Biology and Metabolic Engineering Projects. A fantastic resource for complex synthetic biology and metabolic engineering projects; does all your in-silico design, handles project workflows including experimental notes and flow-on updating, and acts as a project database. And it’s free! Read the paper here and download the software here.
Example project flowchart:
- For enlargement see slider above, or click on flowchart below.
Xylanase Reporter Gene
- Green fluorescent protein RNAi construct – can be used to knock down GFP conditionally. Currently under the control of a sucrose-responsive promoter in a yeast expression vector (see here for details), but can be sub-cloned into other constructs for your bespoke applications. Get the plasmid here.
Rapid, High-Throughput Cloning Method
- A rapid cloning technique for functional analysis of genes and promoters. A bit old-tech but it works. Download it here
High-Throughput Screening for Monoterpene Production
- A 2,2-diphenyl-1-pycrylhydrazyl (DPPH) based method for high-throughput screening and selection of monoterpene production strains. Read about it here