Below are links to various media and public resources for synthetic biology and related topics.
- Interview with Steve Austin, 612 ABC Radio Morning Show. Steve spoke with Dr Vickers about what inspired her to get involved in the scientific field and about women in research science. Click here to hear the interview. 20/08/2015
- From a Petrochemical Economy to a Biochemical Economy. UQ 2013 Foundation Research Excellence Award video describing research to convert sugar into jet fuel using yeast cells. Click here to view.
- Synthetic Biology. An animated cartoon aimed at non-scientists; click here to view. Developed with the Royal Institution of Australia and supported by the Australian Government Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (DIISR). 2011
- Synthetic Biology: What does it mean for you? A forum to explain what synthetic biology is and engage with the public on legislative and ethical issues surrounding synthetic biology. Click here to view. Presented at The Science Exchange, Royal Institution of Australia and supported by DIISR. 2011
- Club Cosmos: Synthetic Biology in the Pub Part 1 and Part 2. A pub discussion of synthetic biology at Forresters Hotel, Surry Hills, Sydney. Presented by Club Cosmos (Cosmos Magazine) and supported by DIISR. 2011
- RiAus PDPlus: Synthetic Biology – Creating life in the lab. Targeted to high school teachers; explains what synthetic biology is, what training you need to do it, and what the industry is like in Australia and across the world. Presented at The Science Exchange, Royal Institution of Australia. 2011